Regional Account Manager
Job ID: RAM
Position Type: Full-Time, Employee
Location: San Jose, CA
Annual Salary: DOE
Experience Level: 5 -7 Years
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
Travel Amount: Up to 60%
ADARA Networks is looking for a HIGHLY motivated, articulate sales professional and team player with experience in a fast paced environment. Position requires experience selling Software Defined Networking to enterprise and service provider accounts. Successful candidate is capable of positioning, presenting and selling the value of Software Defined Networking vs legacy networking solutions to the service provider and enterprise marketplace.
The successful candidate has an extensive rolodex with director/VP relationships in the networking space and fresh knowledge of relevant Data Center/Cloud and WAN projects. Candidate has business plan and experience prospecting and positioning technical solutions to enterprise and service provider accounts across multiple verticals. Candidate requires experience working with VAR and OEM/ODM partner models with ability to call across the go to market ECO system. Candidate must effectively qualify, find pain points and match ADARA Products feature/Functionality to prospect requirements and pain points and close the sale. This is an individual contributor, Quota carrying role.
The successful candidate MUST understand how to work collaboratively and seamlessly in a TEAM focused environment.
- Develop relationships and leverage channel, including account planning and lead generation with channel/OEM partners, building relationships and developing opportunities with channel partners by effectively communicating and demonstrating ADARA solutions. This also involves training channel partners on the ADARA story and how to develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
- Understand organization’s business needs, develop application of products and services and effectively communicate ADARA’s unique technical value added solutions to differentiate ADARA products and meet customer/prospect requirements.
- Includes researching and developing lists of potential customers; identifying and qualifying business opportunities, making regular sales calls to develop relationships and following-up on sales leads to build credible pipeline of sales opportunities
- Prepare formal proposals and present to all levels of the organization including executive level
- Prepare ADARA leadership for negotiations, understand complex decision making process, overcome obstacles to close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process
- Create and update annual account plans, determine market strategies and goals for each product and service
- Responsible for account and opportunity planning for TOP 10 quarterly opportunities.
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles for large accounts in territory
- Provide regular updates to manager concerning account issues, financial status, etc.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas and revenue goals by maintaining a five x pipeline to quota ratio
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and initiative
- Influence at senior levels within account e.g. Senior Executive/Board/Chair
The exceptional candidate will have worked in a sales capacity in --
- A major IP networking company: Cisco, Juniper, Arista or channel partner organization like WWT, Fusionstorm, Dimension Data selling networking, cloud and data center solutions
- At least one startup with successful network deployments, preferred.
- Typically 5 -7+ years of direct work experience in a relevant environment with understanding of Private/Public Cloud and Virtualization business value concept in service provider and enterprise marketplace
- Business understanding of value associated with Internet of Things to Service Provider, Enterprise and Consumer Markets
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Requires specialized knowledge in current networking products and Software Defined Networking
- Experience with Internet related software or systems
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent solution selling and presentation abilities
- Excellent client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Ability to work from ADARA HQ and in the field while on sales calls
- Up to 60% travel Required
Direct candidates only. Recruiting firms and agencies need not apply.